Haven't updated much. More time dedicated to studying. Anyway....
So I have two checks coming now--one for $700 and the other for $2k. The $700 check is to be used for my bills for the month, and the other is to go into a savings account. From now on I hope to keep at least 10% in savings (obv not to exceed $100k cuz the banks lookin kinda funny now). But, now I'm thinking I might want to put this $2k towards my credit card debt. I have about $5k of credit card debt at ~$15%. The obvious answer would be to knock off the high interest rate first. However, if I put it in savings, I get better piece of mind when playing: knowing my bankroll is safe and large. Personally, if I feel my money is running low, I tend to play worse (scared/anxious/nitty). So I could just pay the minimums for the next four months or so, eat the interest, but the piece of mind might just be worth it. I need a second (and probably third) opinion.
Other than that, poker has been up and down. I HAVE noticed that my numbers are slowly changing. From 13/9 to, well, I'm not sure yet, but I'll tell you when it evens out. (Right now it looks to be heading towards 16/12). I just finished a good session: 4 hours @ $400/hr for $1772.45. This was a very good session and definitely not the norm. A lot of hands were holding up in the beginning, but I got coolered for a few in a row. Towards the end, I got a few buyins back to finish on a good note. There were a LOT of loose fish playing this Friday night. Forget going out if Fridays are like this.
One hand that stuck out was a hand that even I don't fully comprehend. The villain hadn't gotten out of line much when he three-bet/squeezed my open. I just really got the feeling he was squeezing, especially w/ his 3b% at about 10% (fairly high obviously). I had KTs and thought I was good, so I 4b him. So far, this isn't too much out of the ordinary. I rarely 4b light, but I do 4b light nonetheless. Well, I typed in the words "hold" in the chat box before I 4b, and he instantly shoved for 100bb. I effectively had 30% of my stack in the middle when he 5b/shoved. Thinking I was good in the first place (and getting a good price at this point), I practically snap-called. Well, my "hold" was needed and he tabled J9s. No one paired, and I got to take down a pot in a more unusual way (at least it rarely happens with me).
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3215473
I'd like to get some feedback from some people on that. I'd like to discuss the minimum type of hands to feel comfortable doing that with. Hands to NEVER do that with. What to expect to be ahead of, etc, etc....
I had an ear infection exactly a week ago. I got penicilin, and the pain went away. But, I still must have fluid in my ear, because I can still barely hear anything in my left ear. The infection behind my eardrum hasn't drained yet. Very awkward and it's getting on my nerves that I can't hear well out of it yet. At least I won a 200bb pot w/ Khigh....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like the 4bet against BudBundy, at least from what I've seen against him at 100nl + your nitty image. It sucks when you get shoved on, but you're not folding.
+1 for "nits" over lagtards. :)
Post a Comment