Friday, February 6, 2009

Scheduling

When there's a fish at the table, stay there, right? Well, I might try to change that outlook a bit. I've always been concentrating on finding a fish, jumping on the table, learning the fish's leaks, and tried to stay on the table until he goes bust. The problem with that is my sessions have been too long--I used to play LONG sessions.

The new outlook hit me when I read that a fellow FTP regular, who did QUITE well in January, plays two short sessions a day (about 2 hours a piece). Now this guy had such a good month, that there are some things I want to emulate. One of them is the fact that he put in 80 hours in the month, played almost 100k hands, and made a lot of money. The only difference is that he plays 16 tables and I play 8. But if I can play less, earn more, not stress, live life, and so on, then why not just stop concentrating on one fish and relax a bit more?

Also, when I play a long session, I get hungry. I have things to do, and I've been too concerned with getting a large volume of hands in that I miss out on eating enough meals. I DO still have the gaining weight bet going on.....

So we'll see how this works out......

No comments: