I'm not even talking about the ups and downs of running hot/cold. That's been there throughout. What I am trying to get over is having to dip into my bankroll. Those waves keep crashing down on me.
My bankroll goals are hard to reach because I have bills and debt. The bills are one thing: health, auto, phone, gas, etc. Those are actually manageable. But the debt is always staring me in the face. My ultimate goal is to build my roll (and skill) up to play the $400s permanently, get comfortable, win some, and pay off my debt EASILY--in that order. But the game doesn't wait and I want to knock off some debt in the mean time.
I just paid someone I owed money $2k (of $4.5k). Because I'm in the "business" of needing to have a good cushion to survive and feel comfort to play, that $2k hurt. However, it gave me a lot of piece of mind and I know that person can call in their debt at any time. So now my total poker bankroll is a few pennies under $16.4k. Damn I need to put in more time, that seems so low.
The main debt I am now most concerned with is my Discover card. I owe a little under $4k on that card. My first and foremost goal is to pay that credit card OFF by the end of April, while still maintaining payment on everything else (and buying a few things for myself and others as well). If I was at the $400s, that would be "just" 10 buyins. Where I'm at now, it's more than twice as hard to knock that debt out. We'll see what happens.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment