I was playing fair, but went through a stretch where I was down 4 buyins. At that point, things turned around and I got into some bigger pots with good hands and took em down. I told myself the other day that I need to remember to keep table selection a high priority and today it paid off. I found a table with someone with about $300 on a $50 table and he was overbet/pushing his stack on flops. I got first-hand sight of this when I 3bet someone w/ KK, and the maniac flat called. On a JJx flop, he open pushed his stack. I think he was really used to people paying him off that he was hoping I had a big pair in my hand and I wouldn't be able to drop it. I dropped those Kings there, and then doubled up on that table (through this same aggro guy) by inducing him to push pre w/ AQs vs my AA. It held up and I got my stack up to about $120.
I played a few small pots with him, and let him bluff at me a few times. I had the feeling he would call big bets pre "just to see the flop." So, like I used to do on PartyPoker, I started raising my monsters accordingly. I tried raising AA one time by almost open-pushing my stack, but it didn't work (made it $100.50 to go pre). So I thought maybe he'd call something small like 30bb pre (to him it was small).
This hand went like this: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2651733
This hand went like this: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2651739
And this one went like this: http://www.pokerhand.org/?2651742
As you can see on the graph, I had a big upswing because of my new friend. So, the 11.25hr session ended with a net profit of $350.25 @ $31.13/hr while 6tabling $50NL 6max (5684 hands). Total roll is $1474.35 + rake (~$400) = ~$1900. I will definitely try and keep this upswing from changing the way I play and still play patient and try and get value from the hands that deserve value. But I won't walk away from somone like the guy I played with tonight....

No comments:
Post a Comment