Friday, June 13, 2008

Comfort Level

I guess I can say that I proved to myself today just how comfortable I am at the 100s. I played another 5.5 hour session of 3591 hands. I don't know exactly what it was today that prompted such a nice session--maybe because it was Thursday, school is out, or whatever. My latest session consisted of netting a little over $800 at $146.05/hr. This is my largest winrate so far and I really feel like I'm rolling along now. I feel the same way about the 100s as I did the 50s now, and playing 8 tables isn't just a factor, it's THE factor. I'm paying attention and not doing other things when I'm 8-tabling. This also helps me play more hands-per-hour, which increases my rakeback per session. I've already accumulated well over $500 in rakeback this month, and I haven't even been playing as much as I feel I should be (in my last four sessions, I never played for more than 5.5 hours).

My FTP bankroll is at $4163.51, and from now on I won't talk about my rakeback money as included in my whole bankroll until it's actually in my FTP account (it makes me feel like I have more money coming and it jinxes me).

I still see missed opportunities to make money, and need to concentrate more on what my opponent might think I have. At the 50s (and for the most part at the 100s) opponents aren't exactly always thinking about what I'm holding and just looking at their own cards. But as I move up in the future, I need to be aware of what my opponent is aware of, especially what my bet-sizing might mean.

So, I'm comfortable now and I just had a good session that lifted my spirits a little. I hope to be one of the players that crushes this level, and then I'll be on the way to the 200s. I'll probably wait until I have about 35-40 buyins before attempting the 200s, but that's a long way away. I guess the biggest chunk of the $10k will be made at the level I'm at now.

I feel that days like this don't have to be so scarce and winning at a consistent $50+/hr is definitely possible over a larger sample. My first two tries at the 100s were daunting, but since then I've become just as comfortable at the 100s as the 50s. I haven't played the 100s long enough to talk, so I'll just be content with this session and work harder at the next one.

Oh and thanks to the guy who called every pot bet I made (from preflop to the river) and put me allin on the river holding AJhigh to my quads, I appreciate it.




No comments: