Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just over a month....

Ok it's June 10th and it's been a month and five days. My FTP bankroll is $2348.30 and I earned $830.41 in rakeback for the month of May. That brings my bankroll to $3178.71. That's not bad. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about making that much. Well, I guess I can say I'm happy. I'm winning; I'm putting in a "decent" amount of hands--85.3k hands in the month of May. Also, thinking I should have more money is just going to cause me to play worse. Forget that, I'm happy to be where I'm at. I'm at $2.3k, and this is after LOSING $1.6k on my two shots at $100NL. Saying that makes me feel a lot better. After playing 85.3k hands, you can officially estimate that "running" either bad or good has, for the most part, evened out; I can't sit here and whine about this or that.

Over the last 62k+ hands at $50NL (6max) I've earned over $2.1k at 3.48ptbb/100. Over the last 318 hands at $50NL (heads-up) I've earned almost $800 at 249ptbb/100 (I only play fish w/ money and I run good as you can see.) Over the last 7.2k hands at $100NL (6max) I've lost over $1.6k at -11.29ptbb/100 (not good obviously.) Over the last 69.7k hands at all levels, I've earned $1.25k at 2.99ptbb/100.

How I'm looking at the previous month is that I learned a LOT! Looking back at my daily poker spreadsheet, you can see how each day went, and how things turned around after making certain adjustments. If I didn't adjust and humble myself early on, I would probably be sitting at something closer to $1.5k and probably wanting to DDT someone off the top rope. So, again, I'm happy at where I'm at--basically I'm at where I'm at and it is what it is.

What is next is obviously the $100NL game. Again, a few adjustments need to be made. Not getting discouraged is important. Putting in the time is important. Constantly reassessing the plan for each hand and asking myself why I played certain hands incorrectly is VERY important. Not messing around online is crucial to observing the temperament and texture of the table. Basically I need to take the $100NL game seriously and not feel like it owns me. I've previously had two separate $2k profit sessions at this level (it was a while back, but it counts). Lately, I've gotten crushed at this level, but it's VERY VERY VERY beatable, and I'm 100% positive I'll be looking back and seeing just how easy the $100NL game has turned out to be.

So as of now, I'm trying to be patient while I'm waiting to move my $830 into my FTP account. I would be that much more comfortable playing at the next level, with the money more liquid and consolidated on FTP. 30 buyins is "safe" to many people; however, there are those that might say 30 buyins might be a little borderline as I'm playing 8 tables at once. I honestly think playing 8 tables at the 100s is going to keep me more even-keeled and less creative. (I mean that in the best possible sense as I'll still keep some creativity, but I won't feel pressured to play a hand just because it's the best thing I've seen in 15 minutes.)

Enjoy observing the month of May......


As you can see, as of late, I've been making good strides in my winrates. It is more consistent in the green. The week before last I averaged $16.62/hr which is decent. And the last week was looking to be even better until I walked down the wrong alley the last day of the month. I had three $50ish/hr and a $30/hr sessions in the last week, but I screwed it up when I took a shot at the 100s. So, other than the 100s, my winrate was a steady improvement. You can see some session notes ont he side.....

Here's to the month of June.

No comments: