First thing's first. The FTP bankroll is at a little over $1900. I will stop talking about rakeback money, most importantly because it's making me feel like I have more money than I actually have. I'll talk about how much rake I've earned once in a while, like at the end of months. I took another shot at the 100s and did good at first, then did bad again. So, of course, I'm back at the 50s trying to follow a strict buyin guideline. I will go strictly to 100s again when my FTP bankroll is at $3k. At that point, I shouldn't have to go back down to the 50s unless I get hammered badly. From that point, things should start to get a little exciting.
Anyway, I had to give Zook back his monitor I was borrowing. I pulled my old CRT out and just played 4 100s. And what I've noticed is that I don't like playing only 4 tables anymore. I used to do it to focus on how the fish play to get their money, but I think I can do it just the same on 8 tables. Also, when I only play four tables, I tend to want to get too involved. I get overly involved to the point where I want to see my opponents' cards at a steep price. Playing 8 tables keeps me more even-keeled.
Back to what I was saying. I had to return the monitor I was using, so I put a 22" Dell on credit. I had it delivered 2-day shipping (it was worth it obviously). I had to update the drivers for my video card to use the 1680x1050 resolution so I can comfortably get 8-9 tables up w/ minimal overlap. However, on the monitor I was borrowing, I got 9 tables on w/ ZERO overlap before. Maybe his was 24", I don't know. Anyway, I'm still happy with the new monitor. I put in 8.5 hours just now and over 5600 hands. I DID NOT play well at all today. I did however run into someone I played heads-up. And he forked over a good chunk of change, considering it was a 50NL table--$575. He was open-pushing his stack so much that I just had to wait for something solid enough. When I got deeper, I obviously tightened up, but still got to catch him when I flopped good. So, today's session was -2 buyins, but the heads up match ended up helping me to net $464.
Oh, this is a PS to Justin, I know tourneys are off limits, but remember, bonuses are NOT off limits. If I have a freeroll and win some dough, IT COUNTS.... I mean, the chances of me winning any sizeable money from a freeroll tourney is slimmer than Amy Winehouse, but it could happen.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment