Sunday, June 29, 2008

Last Two Weeks

Well it's the start of a new week, and last week was my best week to date (within these past two months that is). My FTP bankroll is currently at $8.2k+, and the last time I checked, my rakeback for June was at $1.5k+. This is getting dangerously close to $10k, and winning the $6k portion of the bet (the other $1k portion is if and when I hit $11k).

I guess now it's time to start thinking about the $200NL game, since when I have $10k I'll have 50 buyins. I DEFINITELY learned my lesson when trying to move up to the $100NL game, and I'll definitely wait until my rakeback money gets into FTP (I just feel that much more comfortable). I haven't done much research on the $200NL game yet, but my guess is that there are more regular players there, but who knows. I'm not rushing to get to the next level because the level I'm currently at is in my comfort zone now. I've been at the $100NL game for 3 weeks now and am very comfortable here.

Anyway, I've posted a graph of the past two weeks, dating back to June 15th. I played 24.3k hands during the first week on the graph, and you can see the difference in profit from before and after that point. The first week was not horrible at all, but was a losing week: -$405 @ -$11.35/hr (for 35.75 hours). The following week was, as I've been saying, very good: +$3,049.05 @ $99.16/hr (for 30.75 hours).

One thing the graph shows, is that during the second week, I ran above expectation--in other words, I can be "accused" of running good. That is definitely something to think about from this point on and to stay humble and not expect, but hope, for good sessions/weeks/months. All the while, I have to constantly keep concentrating and do my best to play the best I can. I actually expect the worst, and when good things happen, they'll be appreciated more.



No comments: