Monday, June 2, 2008

It Wasn't Over Till It Was Over

Well well now....

I was riding really high on how well I was doing at the 50NL game. As you might have read the last time, my FTP roll was at $2.3k. That would have been an 18buyin week, but I decided to give 100NL a shot and hit the wall. My roll went from 2.3k to 1.3k in one session--a 10buyin downswing. I could tell I wasn't being as aggressive and trying to just hit big flops instead of taking them down. I ran into some players that will prove to be very profitable for me in the future, but that night was their night. A lot of things went wrong, but the main thing that went wrong was my comfort level. I am VERY comfortable at the 50NL game, but playing the 100NL, well, I was playing to cautiously to be profitable. Then my monsters started getting involved w/ sets and it got all bad. So I ended the week with a FTP roll of $1563.90. Today I played 8 tables of 50NL, and crushed it fairly well at $58/hr for 8hours. So NOW my FTP roll is sitting at $1994.05.

It's a new month, it's a new week, things are looking good. I checked my PT and saw that over the past 44k hands I've been running at over 4ptbb/100. I'll be playing 8 tables instead of 6 on the 50s to get even more rake, and besides, I don't think it's affecting my winrate.

My rakeback for the month of May isn't official, but it's sligtly over $750 that last time I checked. So, I think I'll be playing the 50NL game (8 tabling) until I get $3k in my FTP account. It'll make me that much more comfortable playing the 100NL tables, and I'm not having a problem making at least $20/hr on the 50s now. And on a positive note, I've been reading some 2p2 and many people are saying how the 50NL game is tougher than the 100NL game. If this is true, I really can't wait to get to experience this and get more comfortable on the 100s......

In summary,
Took a shot at 100NL and it didn't make me smile.
Went back to the 50NL and I'm doing very well.
Total roll is $2000+$750= $2.75k (approximate)

No comments: